1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
2. In a small bowl, mix coffee and matzo meal. Add chocolate, matzo mixture and salt to butter-egg mixture.
3. Beat until mixture ingredients all come together; it should be thick.
4. In a clean bowl, beat egg whites on high speed with a whisk attachment until stiff peaks form.
5. Once stiff peaks form, fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Add chocolate chips and stir gently. Set aside and let the dough stand for 15 minutes.
6. Scoop 2-inch balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until set. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer cookies to rack to cool completely.