Usually it is recommended that the cheese is used within 3-5 days of opening the package to maintain freshness. How long the cheese stays without mold depends on the refrigerator, how cold it is, how clean it is, and how many times the cheese is handled. If you foresee not being able to eat all of the cheese within a few days, we recommend the cheese be tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, immediately and stored in the coldest part of the refrigerator or freezer for later use. Since our cheeses are all natural with no preservatives as soon as they are exposed to air, the quality will begin to decline.
If you see mold on your cheese, cut off a half inch of cheese from all sides of the visible mold. The remaining mold-free cheese should be ok to eat. However, use your best judgment – if the product doesn’t look, smell, or taste as it should, it’s best to throw it away.